[daip] TECOR--does it do anything?

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 31 12:26:20 EDT 2000

Chris Fassnacht and I have both tried calibrating
recent L-band VLBA data using TECOR.  In both cases,
the output CL table appears identical to the input
table in delay and phase.  The ionosphere is wacky
enough these days that it isn't clear that the
correction will really help the data, but it seems
like it should do something!  Could it be that
the conversion from electron content to delay
has some error of a factor of 10**x?

My data are being worked on by my summer student
Therese Ostrowksi.  They're on her machine, CRUCES,
as data set BU015B.UVDATA.  CL table 4 is before TECOR,
and CL table 5 is after TECOR.  SNPLT shows that these
tables are identical (as best we can tell).

Thanks,

ju