[daip] strange tape problem

Toney Minter tminter at gb.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 21 16:46:19 EDT 2000

 Here is a very strange one for you.

 I'm running 99DEC31, linux.  I am trying to back up data to a DAT
 tape.  Whenever I try to write a file with INCLASS='ROTMES' I start
 getting the following error (using FITTP):

 ZTPOPN: STILL WAITING FOR FILE = DA00:TPD001001;

 I must remove the TPD* files from the DA00 area and RUN FILAIP to get
 the tape working again (at least that is the only way I know of).
 The tape continues to work until I get to the next file with
 INCLASS='ROTMES'.  I can not make this problem occur for any other
 files.

 Is there a better way to recover the tape drive?

 Thanks,
 Toney Minter