[daip] Re: mail from localhost.localdomain

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Sun Jul 9 12:45:14 EDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:52:46 +0400, "aips at localhost.localdomain" (really
    aips at beta.asc.rssi.ru) said:

> 	I have on my machine 15OCT99's AIPS. Now I would like update
> to 31DEC99 version. But I have some problem with update.pl script.

> 	When I have made command "./update.pl -a aips" get diagnostic:
> Cannot cd to aips because No such file or directory.

The -a option expects a full path to the directory, e.g.

    ./update.pl -a /home/local/aips

or wherever you put it.

You also need to fix your Linux (sendmail and/or network) installation; I
had to dig through the "Received:" headers to figure out your hostname.
"localhost.localdomain" doesn't quite cut it for return mail delivery!
:-)

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.            Division Head, Charlottesville Computing
  (804) 296-0372, 296-0236                National Radio Astronomy Observatory