[daip] AIPSTARS in CV

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 2 15:40:13 EDT 2000

I have attempted to set up $AIPSTARS so that the smaller NVSS survey
files would be served by the MNJ to the various sites.  The larger
NVSS and WENSS files would be available as *.gz and clear text from
anonymous ftp and the www pages.  It seems to me that we have to make
the large files available to our CV and AOC users in the LOCAL copies
of $AIPSTARS and I have attempted to set that up here at the AOC.  In
CV, I ran out of disk space.  Pat changed things around some, but
moved all of the big files to KOCHAB's copy (where they promptly tried
to appear in the MNJ, raising the file size to 100's of Mbytes).  I
think the ftp/doc areas should point at the CV LOCAL copy and
$AIPSTARS on kochab should be retored to the MNJ.  It appears that
there may not be enough disk space for some reason in the CV LOCAL
copy at present.  Can something be done?

Eric