restoring gaussian clean components

Sheperd Doeleman dole at planck.haystack.edu
Wed Feb 23 08:44:56 EST 2000

Dear Designated AIP,

I have used the task RSTOR in the past to restore delta function
clean compnents to a map and it's worked fine.  When I tried to
use RSTOR to restore gaussian clean components though, it
wouldn't work.

Can you suggest a way that I can take a CC table of gaussian
clean components and restore them to an image?

I also found that the task UVSUB was unable to handle as input
a CC table of gaussian clean components.  This task should transform
clean components to the UV plane and add/subtract them directly
from the UV data.  I would like to use this task as well as RSTOR.

I may be missing some basic aspect of gaussian clean components.

Any help/advice you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks, Shep Doeleman
Haystack Observatory