[daip] specr

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Dec 24 21:34:23 EST 2000

Slava,

Eric and me have fixed the SPECR's problem. It turned out that SPECR
has not worked with compress data. The new version is put to the system
today and will be available through the Mid Night Job (MNJ) to the relavant
users who are served by MNJ.

I think you are not in the list. So I can recomend you two ways to make SPECR
work at your mashine:

1. Uncompress your data using the AIPS task UVCMP (OPTYPE   = 'UNCO').
   Apply SPECR to the uncompress data.
   Compress (if you want) your data using the AIPS task UVCMP
   (OPTYPE   = 'COMP').
   COMPLEX = 1 in the header means the data are compressed.
   COMPLEX = 3 in the header means the data are uncompressed.

2. Create you version of SPECR following the changes I made.
   This way is more complicate. Let me know if you want to go
   by this way.

Please next time address your aips problem to daip at nrao.edu.
This list includes all (not so many) members of the AIPS group.

Happy New Year to you and all radio astronomers of ASC and IKI

Leonia