[daip] solint in calib and other routines

Claire Chandler cchandle at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Dec 15 12:31:43 EST 2000

it seems that if I specify SOLINT to be greater than a scan length, AIPS
uses the scan length and does not average over the time specified by
SOLINT.  this is true for CALIB and VPLOT, I have not checked other
routines.  please, could this feature either be written up in the help
files, or (preferably) could these routines actually use the averaging
time specified by SOLINT irrespective of scan length?

the situation where I would like to average over longer than a scan is a
high-frequency, fast-switching observation using a faint calibrator, and I
would like to see whether averaging over longer times (several scans)
improves the gain solutions.

thanks!

Claire