[daip] on-line FILLM is broken

Michael Rupen mrupen at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Dec 15 09:59:59 EST 2000

Hello DAIP (probably Gustaaf for this one!),

  on-line FILLM was not working at the AOC, as of yesterday.  Version 'online'
and all that good sort of stuff; MOUNT went fine, and FILLM happily went
about its business, giving the usual messages about packets or whatever
those every-few-second things are (the stuff has naturally just scrolled
off of my screen, and I type CLR instead of PRTMSG...one of those days...),
but it never found any data for my program code.  Tracy had the same
problem at the AOC, although for her identical inputs on miranda at the site
worked fine last night.  Would you have a look?  We were both running on
Linux boxes, mizar for me and her machine (whose name I forget -- takara
maybe?) for her.  For me, a TGET FILLM followed by a change to a tape drive
allowed me to snag the data from the Exabyte, so I think I have the project
name correct.  I haven't tried on-line FILLM with no VLAOBS.

  Thanks for taking a look,

         Michael

p.s. This is a monitoring program, so I observe in the same fashion every
  week or two; these identical inputs worked fine on 3dec00.

>inp fillm
AIPS 2: Found in Version=ONLINE
AIPS 2: FILLM     Task to read a VLA archive tape
AIPS 2: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 2: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 2: INTAPE        3                    Tape drive number
AIPS 2: NFILES        0                    Number of files to advance
AIPS 2: BAND       '    '                  Freq. band (4,P,L,C,X,U,K,Q)
AIPS 2: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 2: CALCODE    '    '                  Calibrator code
AIPS 2: VLAOBS     'AH669 '                VLA obs. pgm. name ('AZ99')
AIPS 2: VLAMODE    '  '                    VLA obs. mode ('  '=any)
AIPS 2: REFDATE    '        '              Reference date. 'yyyymmdd'
AIPS 2: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Timerange selected
AIPS 2: BCHAN         1                    First spectral channel
AIPS 2: ECHAN         0                    Highest spectral channel
AIPS 2: OUTNAME    '            '          Output UV file name (name)
AIPS 2: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 2: OUTDISK       2                    Output UV file disk unit #.
AIPS 2: DOUVCOMP     -1                    1 (T) => compressed data
AIPS 2: DOALL         1                    1 (T) => write all data.
AIPS 2: DOCONCAT     -1                    1 (T) => append data to old
AIPS 2:                                    files
AIPS 2: NCOUNT     1000                    Number of files to read
AIPS 2: DOWEIGHT      1                    Use nominal sensitivity to
AIPS 2:                                    scale weights?
AIPS 2: CPARM         0           0        User options.
AIPS 2:               0           0        1 => Avg. time (seconds)
AIPS 2:               0           0        2 => bitmap    (see help)
AIPS 2:               0           0.1667   3 => Max. OK IF status
AIPS 2:               0           0             <=3 => 3
AIPS 2:                                    4 => Control dropping of
AIPS 2:                                         shadowed data
AIPS 2:                                         < 0  => no shadow check
AIPS 2:                                         0 or < 25 => 25 m limit
AIPS 2:                                         > 25 => Shadow limit is
AIPS 2:                                         CPARM(4) in meters
AIPS 2:                                    5 = channel code (see HELP)
AIPS 2:                                    6 => Subarray number-see HELP
AIPS 2:                                    7 => FQ entry tolerance (kHz)
AIPS 2:                                         (see HELP)
AIPS 2:                                    8 => CL table time incr. min
AIPS 2:                                    9 => TY table time incr. min
AIPS 2:                                    10=> Calibrator avg. time
AIPS 2: DPARM      *all 0                  Selection by Frequency
AIPS 2:                                    1+2 => A Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 2:                                    3+4 => B Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 2:                                    5+6 => C Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 2:                                    7+8 => D Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 2:                                    9 => tolerance for A&C
AIPS 2:                                    10 => tolerance for B&D