[daip] Progress

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Dec 12 22:25:39 EST 2000

I have turned off permission for any mnj to run.  On mnj.cv.nrao.edu,
31DEC01 is now TST, 31DEC00 NEW.  They have been rebuild and, in
principle, you could ftp either the NEW or TST tarballs tomorrow.  I
do not recommend that.  Instead, Pat and I will fetch the 31DEC01
tarball to the cv and aoc production computers and run update.pl.
When that has run properly, we will turn on permssion for mnj's in
either NEW or TST.  We may withold permission for some sites if we
think they have not fetched the latest UPDCONTROL which has a new
feature to avoid fetching one release's code based on the transaction
files for a different release.

Remember - you have 3 choices:

1. Stay with 31DEC00 at your site.   Call it NEW (and TST) and run the
   mnj as NEW until we tell you (a few weeks at most) that 31DEC00 is
   fully frozen.

2. Keep 31DEC00 as NEW and install with update.pl the 31DEC01
   tarball as TST.  This is probably the safest route (and the most
   work) in case your mnj failed at some point to do what it should
   have and to tell you that it had failed.  Run both a NEW and TST
   mnj until it is time to turn the NEW one off.

3. Move 31DEC00 to 31DEC01, fix all the link files, run the mnj on TST
   as 31DEC01.  I have made every change to 31DEC01 appear in the
   transaction files for 31DEC01, so this should work.

Thanks for your patience.