[daip] 31DEC99 install (and calibration problems)

Michel Fich fich at astro.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 31 10:38:22 EDT 2000

[bounced to daip by pmurphy.  I suspect mixed shells was his problem...]

> If we can have you edit the AIPSPATH.SH and AIPSPATH.CSH files in your
> AIPS_ROOT so that TST does indeed point at $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC99, then I
> think we can get you jump-started.  You want the lines to look like:
>
> OLD=$AIPS_ROOT/15APR98
> NEW=$AIPS_ROOT/15APR98
> TST=$AIPS_ROOT/31DEC99
It was almost this.  NEW was 31DEC99

> in the AIPSPATH.SH, and
>
> setenv OLD $AIPS_ROOT/15APR99
> setenv NEW $AIPS_ROOT/15OCT99
> setenv TST $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC99
all three were 15APR98.  I have made OLD and NEW 15APR98 and TST 31DEC99

>           source ./LOGIN.CSH; $CDTST
>
> if you run csh or tcsh.
>
> Then, you can:
>
>       cd $TST/$ARCH/INSTALL
>       pwd                               (to make sure it's 31DEC99)
>       echo $AIPSUB                      (ditto)
>       ./INSTEP2
>
> and you should be off and running.  You'll know from the COMRPL messages
> if it's got the versions straight in pretty short order.  If it's still
> messed up, abort it with control-c and we'll try to figure out what's
> wrong.

started just a few moments ago.  seems to be doing the right things...

I'll let you know how it ends up.

thanks,
mike