[daip] AIPS TV, message, and TEK servers

Imai Hiroshi imai at miz.nao.ac.jp
Sun Aug 27 22:58:15 EDT 2000

Dear Sir AIPS staff members,

I acknowledge for your kind help for trouble shooting in AIPS
in many times.

Today, I would like to ask how to recover the following problem.
We are now installing AIPS version 31DEC99 in a PC installed LINUX.
After the all procedures, we can see a TV, message, and TEK servers.
when starting AIPS. However, we cannot see messages or plots in the
message and TV servers. Instead, the following error messages are
appeared when executing the task TVINIT and SNPLT (DOTV=1).

>tvinit
ZSSSL2: solo2150: UNKNOWN HOST
AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6

>go snplt
ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
ZSSSL2: solo2150: UNKNOWN HOST
SNPLT1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   2 ON LOCK
SNPLT1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
SNPLT1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
SNPLT1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
SNPLT1: GINIT: ERROR    6 OPENING THE TV
SNPLT1: PLTSN: ERROR DURING GRAPH FILE CREATION
SNPLT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
SNPLT1: solo2150     31DEC99 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       1
AIPS 1: Resumes

In these messages, we have no idea what is the true meaning of
'HOST', or where AIPS identify the 'HOST'. Here, the name
'solo2150' is defined as a hostname of the PC. We are very gald
if you lindly help us to be able to use the TV and message servers.

Sincerely yours,

Hiroshi Imai

      Hiroshi Imai

      National Astronomical Observatory of Japan

      VERA Project Office,
        Tel: 81-422-34-3813, Fax: 81-422-34-3814
      Mizusawa Astrogeodynamics Observatory,
        Tel: 81-197-22-7127, Fax: 81-197-22-7120

       E-mail: imai at miz.nao.ac.jp