[daip] Re: Designated AIP (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 25 15:52:40 EDT 2000

Avtually - I am confused by the instructions myself and I was one of
the testers of update.pl.  You really need Pat Murphy to comment on this.
I would have said that a $CDTST was reguired after you sourced
login.sh - otherwise logicals like $LIBR and $APLSUB retain their old
values and will be used by $INSTEP2 and 4.  (These procs test to see
that $LIBR is defined - but cannot know what it should equal.)  The
problem with using me as a tester is that I woudl automatically check
such definitions and do $CDTST no matter what the instructions
said...

Pat and everyone else in CV and Green Bank is busy with the GBT
dedication today.  Perhaps we will here from him by Monday.

Please send your e-mail to daip at nrao.edu - I gather some of your past
corresondence was with kdesai (alone), just as he was packing to leave
NRAO.

Eric