[daip] AIPS calibration of VLA data

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Aug 24 20:52:53 EDT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:00:27 -0600 (MDT), Data Analysts
   <analysts at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> [...]

<snip>

> I am running 15APR98 version of AIPS (I tried to upgrade to 31DEC99
> but had problems - and couldn't get a response from AIPS people...
> well to be fair I got a response to my first email, but then my reply to
> their reply was ignored...)

My humble, and private, opinion:

That's somewhat disingenuous, as he was corresponding with Ketan and this
was right around the time (IIRC) that Ketan left for greener pastures.  I
searched my Inbox, my NRAO box, my "daip" folder, and the AIPS folder for
Waterloo support, but the last message I was able to find to me directly
from him was dated 1997 and was glowing in terms of the ease of
installation.

In any event, I would be surprised if he's unaware of the current (and
declining) staffing levels in the AIPS group.

I'll search again (via a find/grep on all my mail folders going back to
1991) but I'm pretty sure I've looked in the obvious places.

Sigh...

				- Pat