[daip] Advice please

Johan van der Walt johan at fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za
Fri Aug 18 06:19:18 EDT 2000

Attached are the uv plots of two of my program sources. In both cases
the calibration has been applied. I have the following two questions:

(1) 18290-0924: How should I interpret the larger fluxes at the
very small uv distances compared to what seems like noise at larger uv
distances? To me it seems to be too systematic to be bad data. I get
the same type of behaviour also for another source.

(2) 18056-1954: (a) It appears as if this distribution indicates a source.
Is that correct? (b) The flux density falls rapidly with increasing uv
distance. Between 0 and 10 there are quite a lot of points that fall
below what is the general decrease of flux density with increasing uv
distance. Are these bad points that need to be flagged?

Thanks

Johan