[daip] aips help

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 11 16:33:25 EDT 2000

Karyn,

This can mean that your actual tape driver does not correspond to the selected
one by MOUNT or something wrong with the tape driver.

Exit AIPS and enter in it again. You'll see the list of the tape assignments.
For example in my case my mashine does not have a tape driver and so I have
to use the tape driver of other mashine (remote).

in my case it looks like:

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

It is possible that your mashine does not have a tape driver (like me).
In this case you have to use REMHOST to name the remote mashine and relevant
REMTAPE (in my case it is 1 for exabyte tape and 2 for dat tape (your tape).

So depending on the AIPS tape assignments you need playing by intape and
remtape.

If the tape drive is broken or switched off, then it is another story.

You can read more about MOUNT, typing: help mount in AIPS.

Leonia