[daip] Pb with AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Thu Aug 3 11:01:21 EDT 2000

Jean-Francois Lestrade writes:

 >  Dear Daip,
 >
 >  I was stuck in AIPS on my Dec Alpha and had to exit abruptly from AIPS and reboot
 >  the machine. Now when I go back into aips, the first task run produces
 >  a segmentation default and forces me to exit from aips.
 >  The version I used is 15April97. Could you help me identify the problem
 >  and put me back on track.

    I suspect that the SG file for LASTEXIT has become damaged.  Try
doing a RESTORE 0 after entering aips.  If that does not work, you may
have to destroy the SG files (found in your 1st disk data area).  I
suppose that other files - disk catalog or whatever - may be the
corrupted files.  Please send more details of the messages that occur
etc - it is hard to debug with these vague statements.

BTW - aips has changed a great deal for the better especially in vlbi.
The latest aips is available from our www site and the documentation
for why you would want to upgrade is available from there as well.