[daip] ZMOUN2 (linux)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 28 17:21:50 EDT 2000

Linux only returns SCSI 1 or 2 - no other tape type.  There is now a
trick of attem,pting to see what the desnity already is.  That does
help determine what the device is.  On the other hand, an 8500 at low
density is I suspect reported as an 8200 - so we would think that that
is all we can ask of it.  WE would know that it is capable of high
density only if it was already at high density.  I guess there would
be some advantage in detecting compression and turning it off.  But I
do not see how we can identify the device enough to try to force
densities.

Eric