[daip] CCEDT broken in NEW and TST

Greg Taylor gtaylor at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 4 11:29:25 EDT 2000

Dear Designated AIP,

   The task CCEDT appears at least partially broken in versions NEW and TST
(works fine in version OLD).  I'm using CCEDT to automatically split a
CC model into submodels for use in feed calibration with LPCAL.  This
is a fairly simple operation that takes no time at all in version OLD.
In versions NEW and TST with a very simple source CCEDT goes into some
sort of infinite loop...

>spy
AIPS 1: AIPS processes on pegaso   04-APR-2000 at 09:24:55
gtaylor  21516 97.8  1.0  7800 1356 ttyp0    R    09:16   8:12 CCEDT1

   I see there are some new parameters in NEW and TST so obviously someone
has been working on the program.  Thanks for your help.
                                                           - Greg

AIPS 1: Found in Version=TST
>inp
AIPS 1: Found in Version=TST
AIPS 1: CCEDT:    Select CC components in BOXes and above minimum flux.
AIPS 1: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: USERID        0                    User number.
AIPS 1: INNAME     '0923+392IM  '          Input file (name).
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'ICLN  '                Input file (class).
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input file (seq. #).
AIPS 1:                                       0 => high
AIPS 1: INDISK        2                    Disk unit #.       0 => any
AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    Input  file version no.
AIPS 1: OUTVERS       2                    Output file version.
AIPS 1: BCOUNT        1                    Beginning row to copy
AIPS 1: ECOUNT        0                    Last row to copy: 0 => end
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Minimum merged flux.  Use
AIPS 1:                                    large negative for no edits.
AIPS 1:                                    0.0 cuts off at zero.
AIPS 1: NCCBOX        0                    Number of boxes
AIPS 1: CCBOX      *all 0                  Four coordinate values for
AIPS 1:                                    each box in arcsec.
AIPS 1: CPARM         0           0        (1,2) = half size of rectang.
AIPS 1:               4           0.98       in X,Y(arcsec) in which
AIPS 1:            *rest 0                   to get total flux for
AIPS 1:                                      CUTOFF.
AIPS 1:                                    (1) < 0 => (2) is radius of
AIPS 1:                                      circular aperture in CUTOFF
AIPS 1:                                    Automatic model splitting:
AIPS 1:                                      3 = Max number of output
AIPS 1:                                      tables. >0 => automatic
AIPS 1:                                      model splitting enabled.
AIPS 1:                                      4 = Min fractional flux in
AIPS 1:                                      the output models. 0=>0.95.