[bananas] FITLD and other matters

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 25 18:14:34 EST 2009

There has been an error in FITLD from September 21 until tomorrow.  The
error was:

FITLD would change the sign of By in the antennas file for all antennas
which did not occur in the first input IDI-format file.  The sign of By
is correct for all antennas that occurred in that first file.

This has two effects - 1. FITS-IDI data loaded by FITLD (VLBA correlator
direct output) may have a sign error in one or more antennas in the AN
file.  2. VLBA correlator data from the archive which was added to the
archive in that period from the VLBA pipeline may also have this error.

It is likely to show up in UVPLT if you plot against elevation and
discover that there are negative elevations.  APCAL which computes
elevations is affected and UVFIX would do very bad things.

We are looking into ways to correct the archive.

Eric Greisen

Note - the rollover to 31DEC10 should start in Socorro next week.  We
will announce in this forum the availability of the new release.