[bananas] gcc-2.95.2 (Linux woes)

Subhashis Roy roy at ncra.tifr.res.in
Thu Feb 15 12:43:31 EST 2001

Hi,

I am running AIPS on a machine having Slackware-7.1 for the last one year.

Slackware-7.1 is expected to be compatible with Redhat-6.2, and it
originally came with egcs-1.1.2 compiler and 'glibc version 2.1'.

I changed the compiler around 2 months back to the stable gcc-2.95.2 and
it's companion g77 (GNU Fortran 0.5.25 19991024 (release)), and compiled
most of the AIPS stuff (31DEC00).

I have not come across any such compiler related problems till now.

					Subhashis