[bananas] Re: Patches for 15OCT97 AIPS

Pat Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:33:40 EST 1998

I wrote:

>     *   MSGSRV/TEKSRV may fail under Red Hat 5.0 and other systems.

This is not quite accurate; my apologies.

The patch in question affects ALL architectures; there is a potential
buffer overflow in two routines.  Recent Red Hat versions of Linux just
happened to trigger this bug into failure of AIPS.

Also, for those of you with Red Hat 5.0 Linux *or* the GNU based glibc,
15OCT97 or older versions of AIPS will not build for you.  There are two
AIPS web page:

		http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/

or alternatively, contact Jeff Uphoff (username juphoff, host nrao.edu)
for details of the necessary (private) patches.

Again, my apologies for any confusion caused by the first post.

				- Pat
--
  \|/  ____  \|/   Pat Murphy; email http://orangutan.cv.nrao.edu/kippure.html
   @~ / oO \ ~@       Plan, PGP, Pages: http://orangutan.cv.nrao.edu/plan.html