newsletter again!

ZADEH at ossenu.astro.nwu.edu ZADEH at ossenu.astro.nwu.edu
Sat May 18 21:11:54 EDT 1996

[Note: this message was inadvertently truncated the first time around, due
 to a dot "." in column 1... my apologies for not spotting that  - Pat M.]

Subject: GCNEWS - The Galactic Center Newsletter

Greetings,

We have recently begun GCNEWS, a Newsletter for up to date
information on Galactic Center research and we would like to invite
you to join - it is free. The service includes a bimonthly newsletter
containing abstracts of recently submitted and accepted papers,  a
weekly "Newsflash" with abstracts submitted that week, and a Webpage
with links to many of the papers. From the Webpage you can subscribe,
submit abstracts, read abstracts, and download papers.  The Webpage
also contains our first Newsletter, sent to suscribers on May 8th.  We
encourage you to take a look at the Webpage to determine if you would
like to subscribe to our service. So point your browser to

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~gcnews/

The page looks best if you use Netscape.

Although we just began to develop GCNEWS in late March, we already
have about 100 Galactic Center researchers from around the world
participating in the service.  So, in addition to providing you with
information about other researchers, GCNEWS presents a opportunity
for your research to quickly reach a sizeable and interested audience.

There are several ways for you to subscribe to this new and fast growing
service.  The simplest is for you to fill out the subscription form
included below and return this mail to gcnews at astro.umd.edu with the
subject line subscribe.  For example,

    mail gcnews at astro.umd.edu
    Subject: subscribe
    ~r subscription form
    .

You can also fill out the HTML form provided on our Webpage. Submission
of papers/abstracts is also fairly easy: just send us the TeX file of
your paper by email and we will extract the abstract and include it
in the Newsletter. Please do not forget to indicate the reference and
possible Hyper-links to the electronic preprints.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Your GCNEWS team,

Angela Cotera  &  Heino Falcke
(JPL/Caltech)     (University of Maryland)

%========================================================================

FirstName:

LastName:

%Departmental Address
Address:

Phone: +

Fax: +

%------------------------------------------------------------------------
%Types of Subscriptions
%------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newsflash: yes
%------------------------------------------------------------------------
%Write "no" if you do not want to receive the most
%recent abstracts regularly by email, otherwise write "yes".
%------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardcopy: no
%------------------------------------------------------------------------
%If you wish to receive a hardcopy of the GC Newsletter instead
%of the electronic PostScript Version indicate "yes". In this
%case we will have to invoice you in advance for the shiping & handling
%fees.
%------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download: no
%------------------------------------------------------------------------
%Usually we will send the Newsletter in PostScript form by email.  If
%your mailer can't handle large files or you do not want to, and you
%can download the PostScript file from our Web-page, write "yes" after
%the keyword. In this case you will receive only a short notification
%by email each time a new Newsletter has arrived telling you a web-link
%or ftp site from where you can download the Newsletter.

--VAA22942.832468239/tarsier.cv.nrao.edu--

--VAA22966.832468492/tarsier.cv.nrao.edu--