galactic center newsletter

ZADEH at ossenu.astro.nwu.edu ZADEH at ossenu.astro.nwu.edu
Thu May 16 18:17:14 EDT 1996

Greetings,

We have recently begun GCNEWS, a Newsletter for up to date
information on Galactic Center research and we would like to invite
you to join - it is free. The service includes a bimonthly newsletter
containing abstracts of recently submitted and accepted papers,  a
weekly "Newsflash" with abstracts submitted that week, and a Webpage
with links to many of the papers. From the Webpage you can subscribe,
submit abstracts, read abstracts, and download papers.  The Webpage
also contains our first Newsletter, sent to suscribers on May 8th.  We
encourage you to take a look at the Webpage to determine if you would
like to subscribe to our service. So point your browser to

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~gcnews/

The page looks best if you use Netscape.

Although we just began to develop GCNEWS in late March, we already
have about 100 Galactic Center researchers from around the world
participating in the service.  So, in addition to providing you with
information about other researchers, GCNEWS presents a opportunity
for your research to quickly reach a sizeable and interested audience.

There are several ways for you to subscribe to this new and fast growing
service.  The simplest is for you to fill out the subscription form
included below and return this mail to gcnews at astro.umd.edu with the
subject line subscribe.  For example,

mail gcnews at astro.umd.edu
Subject: subscribe