[asac] Dates for next face to face meeting

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Mon Mar 15 17:51:42 EDT 2010

Dear All,

It was good to see you in Tokyo.  You will recall that we talked about
having this next meeting in the week of 11th Oct.  I have checked with
people back here, and I am afraid that this isn't going to work - there
is a clash with another meeting plus people will be too busy with the
preparations for the AAER.  The previous week does not work for our
vice-Chair, Frederic, and the following week is also problematic here
(although not completely out of the question).   This means that we
should go for the week of 1st Nov with the week of 25th Oct as a backup
for the case that the 1st Nov turns out to be not possible for too many
people.  Al is going to put up a Poll and will circulate the link.
Please put your availability on that as soon as you can.

Having it that late does mean that there will be little time to get the
report ready for the Board but I think this means that we should keep
the report simple and organize the meeting so that people do the main
writing at the meeting and there is then an efficient process of
circulation to get everyone's agreement.  With luck the only critical
item will be the "readiness" issue anyway.

Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582