[asac] Situation in Chile and Next Week's Meeting

Toshikazu Onishi ohnishi at a.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 1 21:45:56 EST 2010

Dear Richard,

I was so surprised and have been deeply anxious to hear about the huge earthquake in Chile, and we would like to express our deepest concern regarding this difficult situation.  The report of no serious casualties among the project staff so far is reassuring, but it should take some time for the recovery in both material and spiritual terms.  I am especially relieved to hear that Neal Nagar is ok despite his base in Concepcion, and however he must be experiencing unprecedented difficulty.  We wish you all the best in recovering from the damages.

Please send our warmest regards and concern to all the people of the projects and their families in Chile.

For the ASAC meeting in Tokyo, I understand the situation of travel from Chile.  We also would like to do our best to make the meeting fruitful and profitable to the project even under these difficult circumstances.

Best regards,
Toshikazu Onishi