[asac] Dates for October meeting

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Thu Apr 29 22:40:43 EDT 2010

Dear All,

You will recall that at the last f2f meeting we talked about having our
end of the year meeting in the middle of October but that then got
squeezed out, and we then asked everyone for dates in early November.  A
date that suited most people was found (I think 2/3rd Nov was best) but
it was pointed out that it was very close to the Board meeting, so it
would be difficult to prepare a proper report in time for that.

The Annual External Review has now shifted to later in Oct so there is
now an option of having it between 13th and 15th of October.  As
previously said it will be in Santiago with a visit to the site before
or after that (or we can have some people go before and some after, if
that is what schedules demand).  I think before is better so you know
the background when we have the meeting.

Could you please let me know right away whether or not these dates -
either 13/14 or 14/15th Oct - are possible for you.  This will also have
the advantage of giving the ASAC more involvement in the detailed
assessments of ALMA's Readiness for Early Science which will be
happening just before then.  If it turns out that quite a few people
cannot manage these mid-October dates then we will go back to the
November dates and try to arrange things so that at least a basic report
for the Board gets written while everyone is still in Santiago.

Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582