[asac] Band 3 change request

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Fri Sep 18 12:56:32 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Just as a follow-up to the discussion at ASAC and the Sci-IPT telecon, I
have posted the attached response to the change request from Front End
that seeks to remove the capability of performing simultaneous
observations of J=2-1 12CO and 13CO.

I hope that this reflects the views expressed.  We will have to see what
the response is.

The has the latest version of the CRE included if you want to follw the
details.  I see they have softened the rhetoric about the dire
consequences of not accepting this CRE somewhat, which is good.  I also
attached the note by John Effland from 2006 which is relevant to what I
wrote.  I am afraid that this makes the file rather large.

My apologies to those of you who receive multiple copies of this as a
result of the multiple mailing lists.

Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582