[asac] ASAC meeting in Garching logistics info

Leonardo Testi ltesti at eso.org
Mon Sep 7 10:07:34 EDT 2009

Dear ASAC members,
   unfortunately I am unable to attend the telecon on wednesday, so I
am providing some logistics info with this emai.

The meeting will be held in Garching on Oct 13 and 14. The room
reserved for the meeting is L130 within the Max Planck premises (see
attached map). To reach the meeting room, if you are not an expert of
the campus, the easiest route is to enter at the MPI gate (just left
of the south exit of the underground Garching-Forschungszentrum
station), guards at the entrance should have the list of all
attendees, turn rightfollowing the fence until you arrive at the end
of the road and follow it to the left over then bridge and past the
canteen you should see the ESO signs when you reach the correct
building. L130 is on the first floor (there should be signs on the
stairs). This is basically the red-blue path in the map below, the IPP/
ESO Kinderkrippe is at the Campus entrance and you want to reach the
DMO/SDD building.

We are organizing a dinner in Munich for Oct 13 evening. We need an
headcount, so please let us (myself andalma_admin at eso.org) know if you
are planning to attend the ASAC meeting and the dinner.

I assume that some of you on intercontinental flights will have to fly
out on Oct 15. If you like, there is the possibility of organizing a
guided tour (in english) to the Munich Residenz (http://www.residenz-muenchen.de/
) and then go to dinner together in the city center on Oct 14, if
enough people are interested (every participant will need to pay for
the entrance ticket, 6 Euro/person, share the cost of the guide, 95
Euro). Please let us know if you would be interested and if we reach a
reasonable number we can book this. We will make a decision on this by
the end of next week.

We have made block reservations for the hotel in Garching, so please
mention "ASAC Meeting" when booking, the block reservation is up to
the 14th, so if you need to fly out the 15th please book the hotel and
tell them that you need an extra night as soon as possible.

Hotel Garni Maria's Inn
Neufahrnerstrasse 5 - 9
D-85748 Garching
Tel. + 49 89 329 32 0
Fax. + 49 89 320 67 22
Emai: info at marias-inn.de

Remember that you should arrange your travel following the rules for
your region.

Best regards,
                         Leonardo

--
Leonardo Testi - ltesti at eso.org            - Tel: +49 89 3200 6541
European ALMA Project Scientist        - Fax: +49 89 3200 6514