[asac] ASAC telecon rescheduled

Richard Hills rhills at alma.cl
Mon Dec 8 13:10:51 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Those of you who are well organized will have noticed that we missed our
scheduled telecon on 3rd Dec.  This was entirely my fault - I was on
holiday and completely failed to make the necessary arrangements.

In fact we are still very much in the throes of a particularly dense
period of meetings and reviews (presently the Annual External Review
2008) so last week would not have been a good time.

The proposal is that we slip this by two weeks - i.e. to 14:30UT on Dec
17th.  I hope that time will convenient for you.  This will not in fact
be a particularly critical meeting - mostly an update on recent progress
and problems together with summaries of the outcomes of the numerous
meetings and reviews - so if some people can't manage this time I don't
think that is too serious.

One topic that it would be useful to have some feedback on is the
Updated Scientific Milestones document which was attached to my last
message (but I have attached it again for convenience).  The Board asked
for your comments on that.  If the ASAC is content to sign off on that
document at this telecon that would be good but, if there is any
question about it, we can go over the topic more carefully at our f2f
meeting in Jan and include any recommendations in our report to the Board.

Best Richard

Richard Hills                Phone: +56 2 467 6175
ALMA Project Scientist       Fax:   +56 2 467 6104
Av El Golf 40, Piso 18       Apmnt: +56 2 474 1642
Santiago, Chile              Mobile +56 97 608 1582