[asac] URGENT! ASAC face-to-fae meeting planning

Doug Johnstone doug.johnstone at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Jul 17 14:20:05 EDT 2007

Al,

Just to be clear, the option for meeting at the end of August/start of
September would be ESO. Correct?

	Doug

On 17-Jul-07, at 11:10 AM, Al Wootten wrote:

>  Folks,
>
>  As mentioned in the Wednesday telecon, the ALMA Board has charges to
> which
>  it would like the ASAC to respond in a presentation at its 30-31
> October
>  meeting in Santiago. Such a schedule requires rapid organization, by
> the
>  project scientists to provide you with supplementary information, and
> on
>  your part, to ready a response.  Activities in September already, for
>  example the Project-wide external review 10-12 September, and the
>  Community Day in Garching on 3 September and following workshop, limit
>  options.  I have attempted to put some of the remaining options on a
> wiki
>  at:
>  https://wikio.nrao.edu/bin/view/ALMA/FtfDates
>  Please visit this at your earliest opportunity to indicate your
>  availability.  The Board will need to concur with your decision on
> when to
>  meet at its telecon on 26 July.  The next ASAC telecon will occur on 1
>  August.
>
>  I note that the ANASAC will be meeting face-to-face on 17 August and
> the ESO
>  Community day will occur on 3 September; I'm uncertain on the EASAC
>  schedule.  The ASAC members attending these meetings could consider
>  addressing the charges at those meetings, with a general meeting to
> mold
>  the response occurring via telecon on a more convenient schedule; it
> is
>  not required that the ASAC meet face-to-face.  There will be a visit
>  the site after the external review for reviewers; it may be possible
>  include ASAC members who wish to visit the site if the meeting were
> held
>  in Chile 15-16 September.
>
>  In a nutshell (formal document not yet received) the Charges will be:
>  1- Software status for early science. review recommendations of recent
>  software review and schedule
>
>  2- Revisit charge from Apr2007 on correlator requirements. Focus on
> Early
>  science, which modes enable majority of science? What other
> capabilities
>  are important?
>
>  3- Review calibration plan in conjunction with AIV and CSV activities.
>
>  Clear skies,
>  Al

Doug Johnstone

National Research Council Canada                         Tel (250)
363-8108
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics                            Fax (250)
363-0045
5071 West Saanich Road                     doug.johnstone at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, B.C.  V9E 2E7
  www.hia.nrc.gc.ca
Government of Canada

Conseil national de recherches Canada                   Tel (250)
363-8108
Institut Herzberg d'astrophysique                               Fax
(250) 363-0045
5071, chemin West Saanich                  doug.johnstone at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria (C.-B.) V9E 2E7
www.iha.cnrc.gc.ca