[asac] Science Magazine article on ALMA

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri May 19 11:49:50 EDT 2006

Folks,

Science magazine has an article today on ALMA and the recent National Science
Board considerations on the rebaselined budget:
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/312/5776/990

The article quotes the actual cost amount approved by the NSB.
I find this article to be very evenhanded, an excellent description of the
process we've been through in the past year.  Thanks again for your support
in getting us to this point, and for your continued support as we move to
producing transformational science.

Clear skies,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/NA   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (434)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (434)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |