[asac] Travel

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:05:59 EDT 2005

Folks,

I understand that when you arrive in Santiago a taxi driver will be
at the airport to pick you up.

Alejandra Araya (Massimo's assistant) is
coordinating transportation and hotel arrangement for the ASAC meeting.
The hotel of choice is the Holiday Inn.

http://www.holidayinnexpress.cl/ingles/home/santiago.html

The Inn has wireless.

Please contact:
Alejandra Araya
Direct Ph:   +(56) 2 467 6121
Fax:            +(56) 2 467 6102
E-mail:        aaraya at alma.cl <mailto:aaraya at alma.cl>

For plotting a route between ESO, the Holiday Inn (Vitacura 2929), the JAO
(El Golf 40), AUI (Apoquindo 3650) etc one can use the features of mapcity.com
The 502 character URL which made a map for me from the hotel to the JAO
can be tinyurl'd as:
http://tinyurl.com/bkd82

It took me a few tries to get this to work.

For those of us who can, we should meet in the bar around 6 for pre-meeting
discussions.

Clear skies,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	   |
| Project Scientist pro tem, Atacama Large Millimeter Array|
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory         |
| ALMA JAO, 40 El Golf, Santiago, Chile                    |
|  voice 56-2-4676141            Help us build The ALMA    |
| +(56) 2 467 6102  FAX            {>    {>    {>    {>    |