[asac] ASAC Charges/Response/F2F

Jean L. Turner turner at astro.UCLA.EDU
Fri May 27 12:42:56 EDT 2005

Hi Leonardo & ASAC:

I have two comments about the September meeting.

First, and Leonardo, Al, or Tom can verify this date, our
report is due into the Board the 2nd week of October. How
are we going to do that if our meeting is the 3rd or 4th
week in September? It takes a week just to turn around two
drafts, given the time zone spread among us. This is an
unrealistic expectation.

Second, the end of June (the Board meeting) is awfully late to
be setting up a meeting in the US in Sept, especially if one
of the dates is Labor Day. There is a meeting being planned for
the third week in Sept 16/17 that some of us may be attending,
and there are college football games on the other weekends in
many cities.

Jean

--
Jean L. Turner, Professor
Division of Astronomy & Astrophysics, UCLA

> Hi all,
>    at its montly telecon yesterday, the Board has approved the
charges
> for our next meeting, the response to our report from the February
meeting and discussed the timing of our next face to face meeting.

> In principle there is no opposition to the idea of having the ASAC
meeting at the beginning of September. However, given the evolving
situation on Antenna contract and rebaselining (see charges below),
they
> would like to keep the possibility of delaying the ASAC meeting to
the
> end of September. A decision on the most appropriate date will be taken
> at the June Board meeting. Please look at the web page that has been
prepared by Al and fill in your constraints or send them to Al for
inclusion in the table.

> Text of charges and response to our report will be provided to us.
We have four charges for our next meeting:

> 1- This is a "possible" one in the current formulation: following
the
> probable placement of the antenna contract and the completion of the
rebaselining effort we may be asked to re-evaluate the rebaselining
part