[asac] draft list of documents for ASAC software charge

Christine Wilson wilson at physics.mcmaster.ca
Tue Dec 13 14:11:00 EST 2005

Hi, everyone,

Here is a draft list of documents related to the ASAC charge 1 on science
software for ALMA.

Each subsystem includes information on how to find the design document and
the development plan. Please note that these are very detailed and I don't
expect everyone to read all of them. But they are provided for your
information in case you want to delve deeper into the requirements of a
particular subsystem.

You should also be aware that software requirements related specifically
to the ACA are generally not included yet in these documents. Those ACA
software documents are in the other (long) list of documents provided for
Charge 2.

Enjoy!
Chris

-----------------------------------
Documents related to ASAC Charge 1
-----------------------------------

General Requirements:
- ALMA Science Software Requirements Document: http://tinyurl.com/3cwe5
(or see my November 16 email for members without ALMA EDM access)
- Offline requirements document is available at
http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~dshepher/asac/offline.rqmts.ALMA-70.10.00.00-006-A-SPE.pdf.gz

Offline:
- I will forward separately an email from Debra Shepherd from July 12,
2005 with a useful summary and links

Observing Preparation:
- note we should be able to have an actual demo of the Observing Tool at
  the ASAC (in expert mode only)
- design review documents are available at
  http://almasw.hq.eso.org/almasw/bin/view/OBSPREP/DesignReviews
(the Design Document and Development Plan are the most relevant)

Pipeline:
- second user test report
  http://almasw.hq.eso.org/almasw/bin/view/PIPELINE/SecondPipelineUserTest
- description of third user test
  http://almasw.hq.eso.org/almasw/bin/view/PIPELINE/UserTest3
- design review documents are available at
  http://almasw.hq.eso.org/almasw/bin/view/PIPELINE/PipelineDocuments
(the Design and Plan documents are the most relevant)

Archive:
- design review documents are available at
http://almasw.hq.eso.org/almasw/bin/view/Archive/DesignReviews
(the two files Archive design document and Archive Plan 3.0 are the most
relevant)