[asac][almanews] ALMA Memo 476 Released

Stacy Oliver soliver at nrao.edu
Mon Sep 29 18:27:20 EDT 2003

ALMA MEMO #476

Enhancing the Baseline ALMA Correlator Performances with the Second
Generation Correlator Digital Filter System

B. Quertier¹, G. Comoretto², A. Baudry¹, A. Gunst³, A. Bos³

¹Observatoire Aquitain des Sciences de l'Univers, UMR 584, BP89, 33270
Floirace, France ²Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri, Largo E. Fermi 5,
50125 Firenze, Italy ³ASTRON, P.O. Box 2, 7990AA Dwingeloo, The
Netherlands

2003-09-16

Characteristics of the digital filter bank initially proposed for the
Second Generation Correlator (2GC) are summarized and we show that this
filterbank can be adapted to the Baseline ALMA Correlator design to
enhance the number of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) resources,
power consumption and cost are given and we discuss implementation of
the digital filters in HardCopy devices to further improve performances
and cost.

View a pdf version of ALMA Memo #476.
http://www.alma.nrao.edu/memos/html-memos/alma476/memo476.pdf