[asac] draft ASAC recommendations

Christine Wilson wilson at physics.mcmaster.ca
Tue May 22 09:48:36 EDT 2001

Dear Ewine,

I agree with Dick that we should not be singling out the ACA at this
time. In particular, if we find that as a result of the simulations the
ACA is vitally important, enough to trade off 12 m antennas for it, it's
important that we don't prejudice our position at this point.

What about this for a rewording of your first sentence?

The ASAC, at its May 17 2001 telecon, was informed of the results from the
Paris three-way meeting May 10-11 2001 and the increased cost estimates,
which currently place tight financial constraints on the enhanced ALMA
project.

Chris