[asac] Monday, July 10 ASAC Telecon Agenda & Dial-in Information

Karl Menten kmenten at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri Jul 7 16:03:55 EDT 2000

Dear ASAC members,

Here are agenda and dial-in information for the next ASAC telecon on
Monday, July 10 at 14:15 UT (= 16:15 CEST = 10:15 EDT = 07:15 PDT
= 23:15 Japan) >>> NOTE THE CHANGED HOURS!!!
---

Agenda items so far include:

(1) ALMA receiver development (Wolfgang Wild will be joining in);
    in particular:
    - outstanding questions on RX specs
    - RX calibration: Do we need a cold load or not, or ambient+hot
      or what else
    - progress on the water vapor radiometers (on any and all fronts)

(2) Japanese participation:
    There is still no official ASAC reply to the ALG on this issue.
    Al Wootten sent an email around discussing several of the
    issues raised in the "Plan for an Enhanced ALMA" document presented
    on 12-June-2000 by Japanese ASAC members. An edited version of
    Al's email with comments from other ASAC members integrated can be
    found under
    http://www2.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/staff/kmenten/alg-response.txt

    This document should just serve as a basis for discussion.
    In particular, the "Terahertz Array" concept has so far not been
    broadly discussed by the ASAC.

(3) Agenda for our next face-to-face meeting on September 9/10 in
    Berkeley
---

Here's the dial-in information for the telecon:

Conference Date:   JUL-10-2000  (Monday)
Conference Time:   10:15 AM EASTERN TIME
Conference Duration:   1 hr
Service Level: STANDARD
Call Type: MEET ME/DIALOUT

USA Toll Free Number: 888-469-1172
Non-USA Number: +1-630-395-0057
Passcode: ALMA
Conference Leader: Mr Al Wootten

---

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Cheers,
	Karl

Dr. Karl M. Menten   (kmenten at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de)
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
Auf dem Huegel 69, D-53121 Bonn, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)228-525297 * Fax: +49 (0)228-525435