[alma-config]distance to pipeline

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 14 10:28:03 EDT 2002

thanks for looking into this, eduardo.

this is good information, but begs the question:
how close do _we_ want to get to the pipeline?

i would guess not closer than 50 meters, because we may need at
least that much for foundation + access around the antennas (including
the 7.5 meters protection band on each side).  100 meters is safer
still.  but, we want to get as close as we dare to, because having
that extra slop in the configuration design can really help (recall
that all the designs push up against the pipeline boundary)...

who will make this decision?

	-bryan