[alma-config]My point of view

Bryan Butler bbutler at NRAO.EDU
Wed Jan 30 15:42:27 EST 2002

effectively, after deconvolution, we *do* divide by the PB, in order to
estimate *true* source flux density.  this is only in the case of single
field imaging.  in AIPSese, this is effected by running PBCOR.  you can
consider this as either lowering the effective signal, or increasing the
effective noise.  they are equivalent in their effect on SNR of course...

	-bryan