[alma-config] move antennas starting from

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 10 14:09:12 EDT 2001

Hi Max,

Thank you very much for your response.

I'd like to clarify my idea of eating the configuration from inside.
First of all I want to lay aside the problem of repair of antennas.
I have excluded the requirement o to have an access to any antenna at any time.
Let me discuss this requrement later.

Now lets consider the R150_NOROAD.6 configuration specifically.
I do not consider the two circles as roads. I consider only one road (30m width)
leading from the right to the inner antennas 1, 6.

I see the following sequence of the antenna transporting:

1. Got to antenna 1. I think(?) there is a good access to the antenna 1.
   take it and remove it.
2. Do the same job with antenna 6

   Now we have pads 1 and 6 without antennas and the spase between the
   centers of the pads 1 and 6 >=15m
   Here is the crucial point: Is this space enough to pass transporter
   with antenna. I thought it is enough. If not the following does not work.

3. Pass through the gate between the pads 1-6 to the center and pick up
   the antenna 3. Return back with the antenna 3 passing through the gate
   between the pads 1-6.

4. Repeat the item3. with antenna 4, 2, 5

   Now have the six inside pads without antennas. The distance between
   the pads is >=15m. Again if this space is enough to pass
   transporter with antenna, we can get the access to the antennas of
   the second circle passing between the epty pads of the inner circle.

5. Having finished the second circle we have epty pads of the second
   circle and can start removing of antennas of the third circle.
   (again if the space 15m between the empty pads is  enough to pass
   transporter with antenna)

An so on.

   So the crisial point is:

   Is the space 15m between the empty pads enough to pass
   transporter with antenna?

Thank you

Leonia