[alma-config] Telecon on ALMA Configurations

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 30 14:15:10 EDT 2001

Folks,

Work is progressing apace.  Kogan has been doing good work with the compact
configuration, including discussions with the antenna group, and should
shortly have a solid plan upon which to build the larger configurations.
Conway is at Chajnantor with the 2001 Austral Fall campaign there.  Butler's
new mask has been released as ALMA Memo 364.  Radford has made the new
DEM covering 51 x 51 km with either 50 m or 250 m pixels.  Guilloteau,
Gueth and Pety are working on the designing the ALMA Compact Array (ACA)
configuration and ALMA configurations also.

We should discuss these and other items soon lest our thinking diverge.
I propose a telecon to occur a few days after the conclusion of the
Chajnantor campaign, specifically 1400 UT on 18 May.

Please send agenda items to me.

Clear skies,
Al