[alma-config] Pads for the largest array

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 17 10:23:57 EST 2000

Min wrote:
'The numbers of pads needed for the current strawperson donut design
is 192 (vs 180 in your case), so the difference is not large.  If
you need further 30 pads for the 3 km ring, then the zoom spiral
design actually requires 18 additional pads.  By the way, the
192 pads needed for the donut configurations also include all of the
pads needed for the compact configuration as well. '

Leonia--were the interesting array ideas you proposed in ALMA Memo No. 296
constrained to share pads in any way?  The project budget is due soon
at NSF and we'd like some idea of the number of pads to be used.
The current 160 is clearly an underestimate.

Thanks,
Al
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |