[alma-config] Ultracompact array

Mark Holdaway mholdawa at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Mar 7 12:31:22 EST 2000

> One aspect that we have not addressed explicitly is the "effective
> Fourier plane coverage", given by convolving the delta function
> coverage with the aperture illumination function.  The FT of the
> PSF_int   +   a . PSF_sd  leads to a situation where the single
> dish point at (0,00 HAS been convolved with the aperture illumination,
> but the interferometer coverage has NOT been convolved with the
> illumination, so perhaps I have missed something in this method?

Duhh!  I should have read the previous e-mail I wrote before writing this
one: convolving with the illumination for the interferometer fourier plane
coverage is the same as multiplication of the interferometer beam by the
primary beam, exactly what I had recommended before.  OK, so within a
squaring or autocorrelation operation, I think we've got it.

	-Mark