[alma-config] pad and transporter requirements

Bryan Butler bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 6 11:36:47 EST 2000

>1) John Lugten came up with a clever idea for picking up the
>antennas in the compact configuration.  If the transporters
>grasp the antennas above the azimuth axis, you can drive the
>antenna to the proper orientation to mate with the transporter.
>Further, I think John wanted the antennas to be azimuth-drivable
>"by hand" from the antenna (rather than just from the control room).
>Just didn't want that idea to be lost.

those 2 ideas haven't been lost.  the current antenna specs have
the pickup points on the yoke - implying that you can swing the
antenna around to whatever azimuth is best for the transporter
to pick it up from.  this i am positive of, because i specifically
looked it up in the specs.  i *think* that it is still true that
you can control the antenna from its own cabin, but one of the
antenna folk should affirm that, i guess (either of the jeffs
want to pipe in here?)...

	-bryan