[alma-config] Imaging simulations for ACA

Morita, Koh-Ichiro kmorita at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 8 17:18:53 EST 2000

Hi all,

I have made a summary of my recent imaging simulations for ACA.
The summary may be seen at
http://www.tuc.nrao.edu/~kmorita/CONFIG/aca_study.html
Any comments or questions are welcome.

Brief summary:
1. Imaging simulations show that it is hard to obtain significant
improvement by simple adding of ACA data with ALMA data.

2. I have proposed the modified method (method-2) to use smoothed
total power data instead of raw total power data from 12 m
antennas. Improvements of imaging quality have been obtained
by this method.

3. Imaging simulation using the method-2 shows that ACA with 6 m
antennas would provide better performance on wide field imagings
than that of with that with 8 m antennas.

Koh-Ichiro

--
Koh-Ichiro Morita
(NRAO Tucson until Dec. 20th)