[alma-config] Updated simulations for the A,C and E arrays...

Steven steven at heddle97.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 06:15:26 EDT 2000

...have been uploaded this morning, with natural weighting implemented, and
the dirty beam for the long tracks shown up to the 5% level, rather than 10%
as before. I looked at displaying the images with a log rather than linear
scale, but using either 'NG' or 'LG' in AIPS' LWPLA made things much worse,
so linear it is for the time being. As long as the brightness is high on
your monitor you should be able to make out a lot of detail. The results are
mercifully now accessible from an index page
http://www.stevenheddle.co.uk/ALMA/ALMA_IND.HTM

I will now go and look at CLEANing. I have made provision for different sets
of parameters to be loaded for each image, e.g. the coordinates of the CLEAN
box, gain, iterations, etc. so any suggestions are welcome. I'll also stick
the details of how the simulations were performed on the site.

Cheers,
        Steven