[alma-config] Fw: Set of imaging and UV results for C arrays on SIL images

John Conway jconway at ebur.oso.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 7 04:58:14 EDT 2000

Hi,

 I had a look at your page. Some points

1) Looking at the slices through the long -track synthesised beams there
are large negatives, I think this can only mean that you havn't used
true natural  weighting and is what we agreed to simulate in Tuscon,
such natural weighting gives the maximum
sensitivity and  uses UVWFT  = 'NA' and ROBUST=5; note that I think
both UVWGT and  ROBUST need to be set to get true natural weighting.

2) I think the beam greyscale upper level for the long tracks should be
5% not 10%, I don't see much detail with the 10% plots.

3) When I go to one page and then try to navigate to others by
going up a level in the 'Go To' box it doesn't give me access, I guess
you could simply add a page at a higher levek with a list of all the
simulations which one can click on.

4) I agree that plots for the images should be logarithmic. The
dirty image plots are OK but whats the timetable
for producing the CLEAN images and the  error images (result -
true image)? Are you going on vacation in August?

 Cheers
   John.