Indexed Keywords

Arnold Rots arots at xebec.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 20 17:42:57 EDT 1998

Thanks, Bill.

Silly me - I went to the index, looked up "indexed, keywords", found
the definition of a keyword in section 5.1.2.1, and discovered that
this definition is mute on the subject.  Had I looked up "keywords,
indexed", then I would have found what I was looking for :-)

  - Arnold

William Pence wrote:
> On page 9 of the draft NOST 100-1.2, an Indexed keyword is defined to have
> an appended *positive* integer count, which rules out starting the sequence
> with zero.
>
> -Bill Pence
>
> Arnold Rots wrote:
> >
> > I have a recollection that indexed keywords have to start at 1, i.e.,
> > Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 - not Q0, Q1, Q2, Q3.
> >
> > I couldn't find the explicit reference in NOST 100-1.2, but I'm sure
> > some recipient of this list server remembers ;-)

Arnold H. Rots                                         AXAF Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 81                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head-cfa.harvard.edu