[evlatests] [RFI-JC] NRAO Monthly RFI Journal Club Reminder - Tue Feb 27th

Bang Nhan bnhan at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 26 17:20:07 EST 2024

Hi everyone,

As a friendly reminder, we will have our monthly RFI Journal Club held on tomorrow, Tue, Feb 27th, 2024, at 1pm MST/3pm EST.

We will have NRAO scientist, Dr. Srikrishna Sekhar, giving a presentation on "GRIDflag - UV plane RFI flagging algorithm for high fidelity interferometric imaging".

The abstract and the accompanied paper on the GRIDflag algorithm are attached.

The meeting will run 40-45 minutes, and will be made up of ~20 minutes of presentation and ~20 minutes of discussion. We plan to schedule the monthly RFI Journal Club on the fourth Tuesday of the month. The goal of this meeting will be to raise awareness and discuss RFI related articles and work-in-progress projects in the context of radio astronomy. The hope is to foster discussions between scientists, engineers, policy folks, technicians; anyone dealing with RFI at our sites.

The Zoom link information has changed from the original email, see below:

https://nrao-edu.zoom.us/j/92201780033?pwd=QUxock9WczdDdUtOWjNPQWswRW5rQT09

Meeting ID: 922 0178 0033

Passcode: 050232

---