[evlatests] Update on Strange R-L phase behavior

Sanjay Bhatnagar sbhatnag at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 30 13:42:15 EDT 2022

A simpler way to achieve the same would be:

1. For deriving R-L phases, use source model that includes known effects
of antenna pointing offsets (from pointing measurements) and measured
antenna aperture illumination patterns.  This can be done in CASA.

2. I am less sure here, but since the celestial source is compact, I
_think_ if the data is pointing offset-corrected before deriving R-L
phases, it will effectively achieve almost the same as above.

sanjay